Friday, October 28, 2011

Shamanic Healing...making friends in unseen worlds


Shamanism- one of the oldest forms of healing on the planet. Still romantic ideas about it can conjure up images of strange rituals performed by feathered half naked individuals murmuring incantations by fire light so as to invoke supernatural powers.

Still, having been blessed with many first hand experiences of giving and receiving spiritual healing, I listened with interest to a Sounds True podcast on the Way of the Shaman with Hank Wesselman and was intrigued. The connection with the natural world and the ability to journey to non-physical realms are skills that Shamanism is particularly suited to teach.
A friend told me about a 6 day workshop offered by Elisabeth Madarasz and the timing was good so off I went.

Turns out this was going to be work- some of it confronting but all of it very spiritually grounded and powerful.

We began with learning some useful shortcuts for instantaneous/ simultaneous grounding, alignment & centering of spirit/higher/ I am presences and after long invocations, blessings, and introductions we plunged into extractions.

Extractions are what you may know of as clearing blocks but in a very detailed way involving "soul aspect loss" and "intrusions" as well as the usual chakra and magnetic field clearing.

Elisabeth is a wise, thorough, patient teacher who gave us handouts and throughout the 6 days tirelessly monitored our progress. With each new process she gave us many specific instructions about what to look for, what not to assume, how to continually check for confirmation and when to use the presence of power animals and sacred tools when directed as helpers.

As this was a training for professionals, she cautioned us about appropriate sharing of information with clients. For example choosing how and whether to share about something we might be guided to extract that would shock the person afterwards-- such as telling them that a revolting snake had just been removed from some part of their body...

This made me smile til it was my turn to receive an extraction. What do I immediately see when I close my eyes? I see "Grandfather" clad in his white buckskins removing at least a 20 ft long nasty looking black snake from my solar plexus...I knew what it was energetically symbolic of. Immediately a brilliant colored dragon-fly the same size as the snake folded its wings and entered my energy body like a dart where the snake had been. Can't tell you how different my core energy now feels.

I won't try to describe the whole teachings or extent of the healings we performed as a group but some hilights included diagnostic journey work, lineage healing-including addressing the primary unresolved trauma in one's own life, ancestral line, country of origin, and power palm- essentially a basic technique for laying on of a single hand for channeling energy where needed.

Then we moved into Soul retrievals which include going beyond extractions and into the recovery and restoration of energetic parts that have been lost or damaged due to trauma. One practices "journeying" to the realms to get information and to serve as a bridge for the client's own healing process. It was emphasized that this work is never performed using the judgement of the Ego self. Much of the training involves developing and strengthening one's connection to the "I Am" presence within.

One of the most helpful for me was a simple exercise where we become aware of and take responsibility for anyone whose essence we've tried to use for our own needs, and or who has tried to give us a part of their essence--very tied to our Western programming around co-dependence and love. I was humbled to realize how many people I had unconsciously been siphoning off in order to handle emotional issues.


We ended with soul essence remembering work which was also simple and beautiful. Overall this work brought me home to myself, and I have a profound respect for its depth and potency. I was truly privileged to have been part of the work we did and to have experienced this wisdom through the vehicle of a master teacher such as Elisabeth.

Not your average week away from home, and well worth it.

Love,

Wende.

No comments:

Post a Comment